Wednesday, July 1, 2009

wire me in... regina middleton


Hello there. I'm Regina, I love found objects and alternative materials. I am often found scrounging through skip bins, or more romantically, gathering ephemera at the beach. Sustainability is a chief concern of mine, and so is the reusing of discarded materials.

'Wire Me In' is the latest little collection I have been working on. Born from a fascination with the intriguing lines formed by electrical cables and some pretty coloured wires found in a skip bin, I have become a little obsessed with wrapping and weaving the two together, transforming communication cables into beautiful and intriguing pieces of adornment.

These lovely little pieces currently come in the form of pendants, earrings and bracelets...

No comments:

Post a Comment