Saturday, July 11, 2009

Chloe Vallance







Chloe’s current art practice deals with intimate imagery of figures together and solitary, namely drawn with colour pencil on timber, paper or colour swatches. When sequenced together these images allude to the concept of a narration. Chloe recently graduated with a Bachelor of Arts (Fine Art), Drawing at RMIT University, and is currently completing a Bachelor of Arts (Honours)(Fine Art), at RMIT University. Since 2007 Chloe Vallance has had five solo shows in galleries around Melbourne. Her work has been selected for art prizes and group exhibitions such as the Prometheus Visual Art Award, the Fleurieu Peninsula Biennale, The Phillips House of Fine Art Drawing Prize and the 2008 Public Art Exhibition, held at the Monash Centre, in Prato, Italy. One of five winners of the Siemens RMIT Fine Art Undergraduate travel scholarships for 2007, Chloe used her prize to participate in the RMIT New York Study Tour in December 2008.

My work is personal, peaceful, and playful, based around sequencing imagery to allude to narration. I am interested in exploring the importance of place in relation to intimate experiences of human interaction, a moment at a time. Developed from observation and photographs of family and friends my work explores the simplicity of intimacy experienced by a solitary figure through small scale drawings and paintings on paper and found objects.

I want people to be able to relate to the images I create. I want to make people smile, to stop and look twice. Anyone who knows me understands that I rarely go anywhere without some paper and a pencil. I live to draw, and through my art I draw life as I see it and everyone who brings me joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment